Every writer/ author has their own way of working. Here are some things that I do. You’ll find what works for you through trial and error.
Writing tips to help you write a novel:
1. Start with an outline: Before you start writing, create an outline of your story. This will help you organize your thoughts and ensure that your story has a clear beginning, middle, and end.
2. Develop your characters: Your characters are the heart of your story. Spend time developing them, so they feel real to your readers. Give them unique personalities, motivations, and flaws.
3. Show, don’t tell: Instead of telling your readers what’s happening, show them. Use descriptive language and sensory details to create a vivid picture in their minds.
4. Use dialogue to reveal character: Dialogue is a powerful tool for revealing character. Use it to show how your characters interact with each other and how they feel about the world around them.
5. Keep the story moving: Your story should have a clear sense of momentum. Keep the plot moving forward by introducing new conflicts and obstacles for your characters to overcome.
6. Edit and revise: Writing is a process, and your first draft is unlikely to be perfect. Take the time to edit and revise your work, so it’s the best it can be.
7. Read widely: Reading other people’s writing can help you improve your own. Read widely in your genre and beyond to see how other writers approach storytelling. #writing #authorlife #tips
See insights and ads
You and 36 others